The Unit is in charge of the following:
- Conducting practical orientation for new students and staff.
- Registration of new Library Users i.e. staff and students.
- Renewal of Library tickets for staff and students.
- Charging and Discharging of books.
- Keeping statistics of the following:
- Library Users
- Books borrowed and consulted.
- Provide easy access to Library Materials for Library Patrons by introducing them to manual and Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
- Shelving and shelf Reading of Library Materials.
- Displaying of newly acquired books to create current awareness services (CAS).
- Providing selective dissemination information services (SDI).
Materials in the Circulation Unit are of two types namely:
- Open access: These are materials, which are of numerous copies.
- Close access: These are materials with limited number of copies and are heavily demanded for; they are shelved in the reserved shelves. Reserved shelf is a sub unit within the circulation Unit.