Mr Samuel Oluyinka Sogunro was born on March 17, 1961 in Lagos Island, Lagos. He attended University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, where he obtained B.Sc apothekefurmanner.de. (Ed) Honours (Mathematics) in 1987 and also M.Sc (Statistics) in 1995.
Mr Samuel Oluyinka is a Fellow, Mathematical Association of Nigeria (FMAN), Fellow, Nigerian Statistical Association (FNSA),
Fellow, Royal Statistical Society, United Kingdom (FRSS),
Fellow, the Institute of Classic Entrepreneurship Nigeria (FCEnt),
Member, Nigerian Mathematical Society (MNMS) and Associate member, Nigerian Institute of Management. (AMNIM).
He lectures Pure and Applied Mathematics and Statistics at National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) levels since 1990 till date.
Mr. Samuel Oluyinka Sogunro became the 10th Rector of the Polytechnic on June 1, 2015 till date. Before his Rectorship appointment he had the following administration appointments :
• Deputy Rector, (Administration)
• Director, Academic Planning
• Assistant Director I, School of Part-Time Studies (Day)
• Assistant Director, School of Part-Time Studies (Regular)
• Chairman, Central Examination Administration Committee.
• Chairman, Committee on Laspotech Water and Bakery
• Chairman, Committee on Restructuring of security
• Chairman, Committee on the Implementation of new
curriculum for School of Part – Time Studies, Regular
• Chairman, Committee on Constraint to slow processing of
results by CERPU
• Chairman POST UTME Screening Committee
• Chairman, Committee on students’ Exchange programme
• Chairman, appraisal of research proposal committee
• Polytechnic Representative on National Council on
Mr. Samuel O. Sogunro can be reached on :
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com