As noted earlier, the main Library at Ikorodu with the two branch libraries at Isolo and Surulere form the Lagos State Polytechnic library systems.
ISOLO CAMPUS LIBRARY
Lagos State Polytechnic, formerly Lagos State College of Science and Technology came into functional existence on 2nd October, 1977.
On 3rd March, 1978 the Library began loans operation in one of the classrooms of the Management Block at Isolo, the only campus of the institution at the time. Gradually, it expanded to occupy the whole upper floor and half of the ground floor of the block now Library Block: it occupies a total floor of 1320.566 sq. meter.
Later, the Ikorodu campus was established as the main campus of the institution and the main library came into being at the campus.
The Isolo campus library consists of books, journals, reference materials and other collections which cater mostly for disciplines in Business and Management Studies. The Library also cater for part-time and regular students of the Lagos State Polytechnic.
The library is headed by a Professional Librarian.
SURULERE CAMPUS LIBRARY
The School of Part-time Studies (Day) Surulere was established in 2004. It started with the National Diploma (ND) in 2004/2005 session with three departments namely: Accountancy, Business Studies and Banking and Finance.
In 2005, Higher National Diploma (HND) programme began in the following departments: Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Accountancy, Computer Science and Marketing. National Diploma in Computer Science started the same year.
The decision to set up the Library was reached in 2008 to provide information services in support of the teaching and research needs of the school. In 2011, there was a call for the creation of more departments in the school which brought about the establishment of National Diploma in Marketing. The Library is located behind the Director’s office. It consists of two large halls which are designated as reading rooms for students and lecturers.